Find the WWFF reference area of location

World Wide Flora & Fauna in Amateur Radio Forums WWFF HelpDesk Directory Issues Find the WWFF reference area of location

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

Hello,

How do I find the WWFF reference area for a specific location or check to see if one exists?

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Andrew M0YMA
    Keymaster
    Paul
    Participant

Hello Andrew,

Can I search by location from there? I don’t see how I can find the WWFF based on location?

Bob (KA9JAC)
    Participant

Zooming in on the map may be what you need

MAP

Paul
    Participant

Thanks Bob, I’ll give that a go. I can’t believe there isn’t a way to search the database by location though, it seems like that would be such a standard requirement these days.

Paul
    Participant

Okay, even with the mail I have to select a wwff region from the list before I can see anything, so even her, trying to match a region to my location starts back to front.
    I can only assume the isn’t a way to do this, in which case, how do I know if the duck pond down the road or that hill at the end of my street falls within a region?

I think it’s time to give up, I’ll find something else to chase after. Thanks for your help everyone.

w3aax
    Participant

Use the activator locater under maps of entities on the wwff-KFF.com site please. It lists by mileage that you can filter.

Paul
    Participant

Thanks Jason, I thought we were on to something there, but it doesn’t find any near me ๐Ÿ™ 0 of 4,347 entries. Maybe the map only covers the US?

Andrew M0YMA
    Keymaster

Hi Paul

In and around your area are a long list of references… look for any with the name starting:

• Teesmouth & Cleveland Coast SPA
    • Northumbrian Coast SPA

Plus you have

• GFF-0013 – Northumberland National Park
    • GFF-0267 – Northumberland Coast AONB

Amongst others…
    A

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Find the WWFF reference area of location’ is closed to new replies.
Translate ยป