Why do National Co-Ordinators upload activator logs?

World Wide Flora & Fauna in Amateur Radio Forums WWFF HelpDesk Logsearch Feedback Why do National Co-Ordinators upload activator logs?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paul

Hi,

Can someone on the WWFF Decision Team please advise why National Co-Ordinators are required to upload activator logs?

This can be a time-consuming process.

Is there a reason why activators cannot upload their own logs?

I look forward to your response.

73 and 44

Paul VK5PAS
    VKFF & ZLFF National Co-Ordinator

Andrew M0YMA
    Keymaster

Quite simply, the quality of logs *after being checked by National Coordinators* is bad enough…

Paul

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your reply, although your response has not answered my question. Your response was a statement, rather than an answer, implying that National Co-Ordinators were not appropriately checking logs.

I am looking at ways of streamlining the process and reducing the amount of work for National Co-Ordinators/VK State and Territory reps.

Currently, if an error is detected at the log upload stage, the uploader receives an auto-generated message from Logsearch. The uploader then either modifies the log themselves or returns the log to the activator for the appropriate modification/s.

I am not sure why activators cannot upload their own logs and receive such a message themselves and then undertake the appropriate log modification.

This would streamline the log upload process and reduce the amount of work for Co-Ordinators.

Other programs allow activators to upload their own logs. I am not sure why WWFF does not allow this?

Regards,

Paul VK5PAS.

(KI6BTY)
    Participant

This explains why I cannot upload my logs. What a crock! All the other programs out there let you upload logs. POTA, SOTA, DX Marathon, all contests. What’s up with this? As someone who is new to the program and spent several minutes trying to figure out how to upload, this is a MASSIVE turnoff.

Andrew M0YMA
    Keymaster

I’m sorry you feel that way, KI6BTY…

On the other hand, a quick look in the Log Corrections sub-forum will show the number of errors that get uploaded after being checked by the Log Manager.

Various improvements are on the drawing board, but are mostly constrained by the simple fact that I don’t have the spare time, and other volunteers are few (while acknowledging the few that are assisting!).

Andrew M0YMA
    Keymaster

@Paul – the upload checks catch obvious errors in the ADIF, but cannot trap (eg) wrong date(s), wrong activated reference(s), wrong station/operator callsign(s)…

I fully accept that a Log Manager ius unlikely to detect the various wrong bands, wrong hunter references, wrong hunter callsigns…

Fundamentally, activators need to be more careful in their logging!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Translate »