The WWFF Committee are pleased to announce the upcoming launch of a new award for Activators… the WWFF Activator Points Award.
This will launch on 2020-01-01 00:00:01utc – only QSOs made on or after this time shall be valid for the new award (but, obviously are valid for the other WWFF awards.
This will have two objectives:
- To encourage longer activations (beyond the default 44 QSOs)
- To encourage return activations
Points will be awarded, annually, as follows:
- For achieving the 44 QSO quorum at each reference
- For achieving additional QSO quotas at each reference
Additional points will be awarded for each DX Entity that an activator activates from. For this purpose, the existing WWFF interpretation will apply, and therefore each KFF state and VEFF/VKFF territory counts as a DX Entity.
Important note: The existing “unique references” activator award (WWFF-A) is unaffected by this, and will run in parallel.
In this example, 200 QSOs is used as the threshold for bonus points… this is subject to change.
- Activates ZZFF-9001 but does not qualify with only 34 QSOs.
No points are awarded.
- Activates ZZFF-9002 and qualifies the reference with 44 QSOs.
Awarded points for the reference, and additional points for the DX entity.
- Returns to ZZFF-9001 and gains the extra 10 QSOs to qualify.
Awarded points for the reference.
- Activates ZZFF-9003 (in a different state) and qualifies the reference with 200(*) QSOs.
Awarded points for the reference, additional points for the high QSO-count, and additional points for the new DX entity.
- Returns to ZZFF-9001 and gains the extra 156(*) QSOs to qualify for the bonus points.
- In the new year, re-activates ZZFF-9002 and qualifies the reference with 44 QSOs.
As it is a new year, awarded points for the reference, and additional points for the DX entity.