In November 2012, the World Wide Flora and Fauna in amateur radio program was born, when a number of dedicated portable radio operators decided to establish WWFF from the remains of WFF.
A website was created and most importantly at that phase, Andrew M0MYA shared his expertise to build a very intuitive WWFF LogSearch database.
Rules were written, awards were created, and a number of leading activators joined to develop and grow the WWFF program.
Starting with a core group of mainly European countries more and more countries across the world joined the program. Currently we have 59 countries that run there own national program within WWFF. National coordinators supported by log, directory and award managers run their programs based on WWFF rules.
Our database contains more than 31,000 references in 144 countries across the world and until now more than 17 million QSOs!
As WWFF was established in November 2012, therefore we celebrate its 10th birthday with a big activity party – note: this is NOT a contest!
The WWFF 10th Anniversary Activity Weekend
On Saturday the 19th and Sunday 20th of November, WWFF Team would like to invite all WWFF Activators and Hunters to participate in the WWFF 10th Anniversary Activity Weekend.
- The party will start at 00:01 UTC on November 19th and finish at 23:59 UTC on November 20th.
- We hope many WWFF Activators will be on the air from many WWFF areas. We also hope many WWFF Hunters will work them.
- We recommend all Activators to use the WWFF Agenda and the WWFF Facebook Group to inform the WWFF Hunter community of their plans.
- After the activity weekend the Activators have to send in their logs to the log manager responsible for the areas they activated, as usual. The deadline for sending in logs to count towards this special event is November 27th.
- To facilitate the special award processing we ask the activators – especially when using vanity calls or group calls – to make sure the operator field in their logs is populated with their home callsign.
- The deadline for sending in the logs is November 27th. The log uploaders then have a week to check and upload the logs. By December 3 we will start generating the awards based on the available data in WWFF LogSearch.
On December 4th WWFF will publish awards for Activators and Hunters.
Activator Participation Award
For activating WWFF references during the WWFF 10th Anniversary Activity Weekend:
- Activator – at least 100 QSOs made from valid WWFF reference(s)
For hunting WWFF references during the WWFF 10th anniversary activity weekend:
- Diamond – 60 WWFF references hunted
- Gold – 50 WWFF references hunted
- Silver – 25 WWFF references hunted
- Bronze – 10 WWFF references hunted
- Green – 5 WWFF references hunted