Please, restore the view

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SP9YFF
    Participant

logging-LOGSEARCH>References (activator) – view one scren all,- not only 50 ff on one screen and << < > >> , or another option to copy the whole table.

Andrew M0YMA
    Keymaster

This is a case of “You can’t please all of the people all of the time”

The problem with “All references” is that it was taking a lot of processor time to generate (it is generated interactively) and in some cases, timing out (getting the 503 error that kept being reported)

Also, it often meant that other people were getting the 503 error ๐Ÿ™

It was always the intent that this view was paged – for some reason it never worked until I fixed it!

I will consider whether a bigger limit can be used… QRX please.

Andrew M0YMA
    Keymaster

I’ve made some bigger paging options available – but please only use what is needed!

SP9YFF
    Participant

it’s great!!,
    You’re great Andrew :),
    thank you very much
    Kris

(KO4SB)
    Participant

Mine seems to be stuck on the first page of references worked only using 50 setting

KG5CIK
    Participant

Logsearch (references and QSOs) will not advance off the first page. Clicking the > button just returns the same first page. Clicking on >> takes you to a blank page and you can’t click previous to go back. Thanks for changing the “Show” to allow for more than 50. It was taking forever to scroll through your references.

Andrew M0YMA
    Keymaster

The paging is done in JavaScript and for some people, the old version is still cached ๐Ÿ™ Hit should resolve this

Another option, that people seem to be missing, is to select the appropriate Program on the drop-down… if (for example) you only want to see you KFF references, select KFF then you don’t need to scroll through the others.

Very few people (standfast I5FLN and ON4VT) have more than 200 of any program!

oz4rt
    Participant

I used to copy/paste the “All references” to an Excel file every time I passed an xx44 count to compare it with the previous one. In that way I could see what had been added (or removed).
    Now I have to copy/paste it in 15 lumps and then scissor them together. I started to do that, but it would never go past the two first 500 lumps. After 1000 there were no matches found.
    BTW, I have never met a 503 error.

John

ON4VT
    Participant

Same problem here John … .

oz4rt
    Participant

I managed to copy/paste everything down to a text file by starting from the end and moving backwards in 15 500-steps. It took a while, but fortunately no new ones were added to disturb the count.
    I don’t know if the processor likes it better this way … it did take some trial and error.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Translate ยป