Activator's Notes

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    K4IZ
    Participant

I believe there is currently no way for activators to make notes about a park. Is this a useful feature, or am I the only one who thinks so?

Here is a case where I would find it useful: I recently operated from KFF-4588. This park had never been activated previously. It is adjacent to another park (KFF-0015). The parking area for KFF-4588 is technically within the park boundary of KFF-0015. You can be within KFF-4588 by hiking just a few hundred yards, but hiking a few kilometers leads you to areas much more amenable to operating.

I would find it useful to share notes about other parks I have activated, too. Information about whether there are picnic tables, bathrooms, scenic views (because the view is a great reason to Make Nature Your Shack!), park fees, and access restrictions.

Knowing the experiences of previous activators could help future activators to have a more successful activation. My idea is for something similar to what SOTA has: a mechanism to add links or notes (they call it “articles”) for each park. You can see a SOTA example here, which has links to a photo gallery, GPS track, and an “article” about access & trail info:

https://www.sota.org.uk/Summit/W4V/BR-015

Thanks for the consideration!

73, 44,

-detrick
    K4IZ

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Translate »