Z6 Kosovo NEW DXCC

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ON4VT
    Participant

From 21/01/2018 00:00 UTC Z6 Kosovo is a new DXCC entity.

I assume this will affect our WWFF directory.
    I will contact YU2M (YUFF coordinator) with Luciano in COPY to sort out what references are within the boundaries of the new Z6

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by ON4VT.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by ON4VT.
    Luciano (I5FLN)
    Keymaster

Will be pleased to know es great to ad Z6FF perhaps but I can create a new DXCC preficx only M0YMA can do when ready to know
    73 Luciano I5FLN

ON4VT
    Participant

I just created the Z6FF program, is listed now in the directory
    Of course so far NO references in this program

RN3ANT
    Participant

Well, guys.

Let’s see how soon Special Protected Nature Areas from the Kosovo will appear on the Protected Planets website. It is even such a “country” is still not designated there, but the “program” has already appeared. Applause!

And what just about the Rules concerning the Protected Planet website you were talking to in our recent attempt of a discussion?

73! Vit, RN3ANT

ON4VT
    Participant

Vit, your comment is out of topic

I just want to check and have a correct the directory as I’m 100% sure some current YUFF references are in Z6 DXCC !

RN3ANT
    Participant

Danny,

I do not think so. I’m just curious about how this event corresponds to the Rule about the Protect Planet website.

ON4VT
    Participant

Wishfull thinking :

A DXCC and a COUNTRY are two different things
    A DXCC is an entity that is OK for the rules made by ARRLL
    A Country is an entity that is accepted by the International Community
    A different DXCC can be the same Country, not vice versa

The question is, in how far is Kosovo a seperated Country according to the link at top of this message
    It’s a new DXCC for sure …

OK2APY
    Keymaster

Hello Vit, everywhere working only people. Nothing is automatically done. We must wait for repairs on protectedplanet.net, they are not in our power.

Best regards

Alena

ON4VT
    Participant

My proposal for a temporarly consensus :

YUFF reference numbers remaining in the directory but DXCC will change into Kosovo (Like we do with several other countries)

I repeat TEMPORARLY until UN is recognizing KOSOVO OFFICIALLY as country

Luciano (I5FLN)
    Keymaster

The ARRL Board of Directors approved a motion to amend the DXCC Rules,when it met January 19-20. Section II, Subsection 1 of the DXCC Rules now will include a new Subsection (d): The entity has a separate IARU member society and is included on the US State Department Independent States in the World.
    This change qualifies as an “event,” effective on January 21, 2018, at 0000 UTC. Nothing is retroactive.
    As far as I know it is since 16 Feb. 2008 that showed on the air YU8/G3TXF from Pristina and now after 10 years we have a new country included into the DXCC List.
    Well we have awaited 10 year now we can await some days before fill a list of Kosovo Flora Fauna es update those who possibly are into YUFF.
    In our hobby there must be no political motives and no religious reasons and harmony must reign supreme.
    While awaitng for the moment I found a couple of interesting documents from Kosovo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forests_of_Kosovo

http://www.landscapeonline.de/wp-content/uploads/DOI103097-LO201545.pdf

73’s es 44 Luciano I5FLN

ON4VT
    Participant

“CASE” closed, text ublished on the WWFF web.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Z6 Kosovo NEW DXCC’ is closed to new replies.
Translate »