Callsign Change, login, awards

Home Forums WWFF HelpDesk WWFF Website Callsign Change, login, awards

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rock.fields@gmail.com (KF5ZFW) 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

K4IZ
    Participant

I have been issued a new callsign. I have read http://wwff.co/rules-faq/callsign-change/ and updated my profile to reflect the old and new callsigns, but I am left with two questions/concerns:

1) The FAQ indicates you do not need to change your username or to re-register. The profile editor indicates Usernames cannot be changed. But what if I want to change my username? What if someone else picks up my old callsign and wants to use it for their username?

2) The FAQ indicates Awards are issued to the Primary Callsign specified in your profile. What does this mean for the QSOs I have already logged, and awards already obtained? Am I starting over for awards? It’s okay if I am, I just want to know.

Andrew M0YMA
    Keymaster

If you change your primary callsign, then let me know the old and new.

I can then weave some back-end magic to make sure they are linked to your new one.

The Usernames cannot be changed restriction is a (ahem) feature of WordPress – but there is always a way, if it really is an issue.

Andrew, I upgraded my license recently, as well, and got a new callsign when I did. How do I contact you to give you my new and old callsigns?

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Translate »