Unconfirmed P2P entries

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    VK2LP
    Participant

Hello

I have a number of P2P entries that are unconfirmed and will contact the other activator to see where the error is. However my son Alec, VK2APC has two unconfirmed P2P entries on 27/11/21, one is from VK3AWA who said he has entered in Alec’s callsign incorrectly and will fix it.
    The other entry is from VK3TV. Mal wrote to me:
    Hello Pete,
    I just checked the FLE log and ADI log and all appears correct. Yes I can see in Logsearch Alec’s QSO is not confirmed, but not sure why.
    I don’t use the /P in my logs but yours went through okay. Maybe time, Rst or something else I’m missing, I’m really not sure how the contacts are cross referenced.
    I’ve done a clip of both my FLE and ADI log you can look at just in case I’m missing something.
    Sorry I can’t be more helpful. Let me know how you get on as I see I have some other P2P unconfirmed and not sure where the problem lies.
    Sincerely,
    Mal

The only entry I can see out is the time by one minute. Is there any other way to check and see why the P2P contact between VK2APC and VK3TV is not confirmed?
    Sincerely, Pete

vk2io
    Participant

Hi Pete,
    Just checked VK2APC Alec’s log and it is correct for VKFF-1292.

On LogSearch, neither the VK3AWA nor VK3TV contact are confirmed. Note that they are both activating VKFF-2091 on the same day so only one P2P will be awarded anyway.

VK3TV logged a contact with VK2ATC @ VKFF-1292 so there is a callsign mismatch hence unconfirmed for both parties.

Similarly, VK3AWA logged a contact with VK2ATC instead of VK2APC so another callsign mismatch.

These two errors are preventing a confirmed P2P for Alec with VKFF-2091. Correction of these errors may not be possible under the new WWFF policy that logs are final.

Cheers,
    Gerard – VK2IO (WWFF VK2 coordinator)

VK2LP
    Participant

Thank you Gerard
    Sincerely, Pete

Andrew M0YMA
    Keymaster

Correction of these errors may not be possible under the new WWFF policy that logs are final.

Indeed that is the case… wink, wink…

Incidentally, VK2ATC has 10 other contacts besides the two cited… you might like to check whether any of those are typos – although VK2ATC appears to be a valid callsign

VK2LP
    Participant

Thank you Andrew, I understand that logs are final, I have sent an email to Gerard where AWA shows he entered ATC into his log. However TV provided his log showing APC was entered, so I don’t understand how ATC shows in logsearch for TV’s entry.
    Thank you anyway.
    Sincerely, Pete

VK2LP
    Participant

Hello Andrew
    I have tried to look for and unable to view the logsearch entries for VK2ATC. I can see that there are two DX entries for this callsign worked. Alec has only worked Australia. However if callsign entries are not able to be corrected, then I see no further point in looking at the entries for ATC anyway.
    Thank you for your time on this.
    Sincerely, Pete

vk2io
    Participant

Hi Pete,
    To look for the logsearch entries for VK2ATC
    1. Go to the wwff.co site and log in
    2. Click LOGSEARCH on the top row
    3. In the dialog box replace the default callsign(s) such as VK2LP with VK2ATC and press Search.
    You will find there are 9 references worked.
    4. Press QSOs.
    10 QSOs will be listed. The latest was in 2017 which was before Alec got his VK2APC callsign.
    I have worked VK2ATC once myself back in 2014, but it wasn’t from a park so doesn’t appear.

This means the callsign corrections have been made.
    Alec’s park-to-parks should now be confirmed.
    Thank you to the angel (Andrew?) who did that.

Cheers,
    Gerard – VK2IO

VK2LP
    Participant

Hello Gerard

Thank you for the information. I appreciate the time you have taken on this matter.

I saw this morning the log entries have been corrected and want to say thank you to the person who has corrected the entries. Thank you very much, it is appreciated.

Sincerely, Pete

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Unconfirmed P2P entries’ is closed to new replies.
Translate »